This month’s tarot theme (aka the first one!! yeehaw!!) was pulled today, January 16th, 2018. The cards were pulled with no specific intention in mind, but pulled with the intention of being broad over arching themes that can apply to us all but then I just ended up reading them less broad anyway so O WELL.
I pulled this off pinterest, as with most of my tarot card spreads. I’m not a huge fan of this spread and would like to write my own, but for the sake of time I’ll be using this one.
The Astrological Context:
I have been absolutely toiling away attempting to understand how astrology and how it can better my practice, so here I’m going to talk the overall astrological outlook because that will be informing my reading. I am NU at astrology so if anything seems off or totally misguided, please teach me your ways!!
New Moon: It’s the new moon and that means intentions and setting goals are IT! This is the time to cast off what no longer serves you and prepare for what will come. The new moon is the time to implement those changes or take stock of how the changes you’ve already made are coming along. It’s about resetting and checking in!
Sun in Capricorn: With the sun in Capricorn, ambitions shine. Take a realistic and grounded approach to the problem at hand. Make sure to not be too goal oriented, remember to take time to assist those around with their aspirations.
Moon in Capricorn: Yikes bitch!! Looks like we are really setting these goals this time around! Use this alignment of goal oriented power to propel longer term goals and give yourself a foundation to build on down the road.
The upcoming full moon is the lunar eclipse in Leo which will close out the eclipse gate that was opened in the solar eclipse in Leo last summer. Leo is the sign of creation and action, so take this time as the moon is waxing to fill yourself with energy, hype yourself on your goals and take a running leap into the year!!
(excuse this garbage phone photo)
- Where are we! Two of Swords represents the mind suppressing emotions. We may be taking a pause or blocked currently. The emotional choice may be the correct one. Stop over thinking the situation at hand.
- What do we need to see? Queen of Wands represents power over your actions. Bitch! When I tell you we are achieving goals!! See the actions that need to be taken to achieve the intention(s) you’ve set. Visualize yourself achieving your goals to manifestation.
- Needs to be released? The Tower represents over throwing old ways of thinking, power structures and ways of thinking. Let go of that old shit! We are coming into the new year with clear intentions, detached from the baggage of the past. Relinquish what doesn’t serve you.
- Energy to harvest and use? Two of Cups represents duality and balance. Harvest the energy of the level headed and grounded Capricorn to bring balance to the journey. The flexibility and balance will be needed, build a strong foundation for it now.
- Where to focus your intention. King of Swords represents mastery over your intelligence and thoughts. With the first card being the two of swords, I’d say it’s important to examine what hesitations or anxieties that are blocking our emotions from being free. What is causing our blockage and why have we put this guard up? How can we dissolve it?
- New opportunity! Eight of Cups represents identifying the source of your emotions. With the eclipse gateway closing soon, take the opportunity to create or build something that will make you truly feel. If you do not seek it out, the opportunity to really be IN your feelings and examine them will be there! Seize it bitch! Feel deeply and learn from it!!